Sunday, February 21, 2010

Well...

Looks like I haven't kept to my promise of blogging so far. I have a little time now before heading off to bed so I thought, what the hell?

I went to The Dan Band last night and had a great time as always. This being my second show I knew I was in for entertainment. The first time that I saw them it was two years ago and it was their Christmas show. We had general admission tickets but ended up getting a great table spot in the balcony at The Avalon. It was an amazing show. Last nights show was amazing as well but the crowd was very different. Now granted the first was at The Avalon and this one was at Club Nokia at LA Live. There is something inherently wrong with LA Live. There is a certain crowd that hangs out there that makes it a horrible place to go. It always takes forever to get into a restaurant down there and if and when you get into one its always filled with loud annoying people. Everything is packed for dinner before the show, so we end up walking four blocks to Magnolia Downtown. We had a great meal, a few drinks, and got to watch some Olympic curling as well. What is with a sport on ice involving granite and sweeping that is so compelling? I don't know but I couldn't stop watching. Anyway, We get back to Club Nokia and wait in line for the show to start. We are probably the forty fifth people in line. The guy at the head of the line is a very heavy set guy with a T-shirt that says, "I (a heart with skull and cross bones in it) Your Girlfriend. 187," and he's wearing a red LA Dodgers hat. This is basically the demographic of LA Live. We get in have a few drinks and find our seats. The Lampshades are the opening act and they were hilarious. If you can get to IO West to see them you should. They are on the first of every month. They're doing there act and people are heckling. Ok I know how this show's going to go. Then The Dan Band emerges and right away a guy one row behind and four seats away screams, "Dan I want to have your babies!" He proceeds to do this throughout the show. Then people who seem to be distant cousins of those whack job guidos on Jersey Shore sit down in front of us and begin to have a little lovers quarrel. Entertaining yes but I would much rather have watched The Dan Band. Finally the chick sits with her other friends and things calm down a bit. Now I can concentrate on the real show. The Dan Band did an awesome version of All the Single Ladies by Beyonce. All in all it was another great and amazing performance by Dan Finnerty and friends, but the more shows I go to at Club Nokia make me want to fire bomb it because of the clientele that frequent it.

No comments:

Post a Comment